I don’t know about you, but I’m finding it really challenging to stay focused on how Kick-Ass my life actually is, when I’m being bombarded with all the fearful messages that are flying around in the media lately. I understand that we are facing some big challenges, and things are shifting and changing quickly, but to tell you the truth—This is a good thing!
It is pretty obvious that the way we have been living is deeply unsatisfying for a lot of people…….that’s why you’re here, right? The status quo isn’t working for you and you want to live a more meaningful, fun, satisfying life.
I think this desire runs deep in all human beings and in order to shift things for the highest good of all mankind, we need to shake things up and do things differently, and that is exactly what I feel is happening right now. People are feeling the pressure to take action to make their lives better, the time for tolerating oppression and all the shit that is not in alignment with your inner being is over. People everywhere are questioning archaic oppressive structures and empowering themselves to take action, it’s a beautiful thing really.
I’m of the opinion that now more than ever the world needs people who are tuned into their purpose and sharing what only they can share with the world. YOU have a unique perspective and piece of the puzzle and now IS the time to bring it forward. The world needs what you have to offer!!!! Believe that!
So how do you not get bogged down in fear and worry with all the turmoil that is happening? The trick is to stay focused and centered in your truth, and to keep moving towards how you want your life to be. It is common to hunker down in times like these, but now is the perfect time to keep moving forward and heading towards your dreams.
Even if society as we know it shifts and changes, you can still live a Kick-Ass Life. (If your thinking that going after your Kick-Ass Life is a selfish or foolish endeavor when things are so uncertain, then we need to talk about the importance of living your purpose and how to bust through that fear.)
Here are a few things that you can do to keep from getting bogged down in the drama and paralyzed by fear and worry.
1. Stop watching the news!!! Or at least take it in very small doses from non-hysterical sources. 6 hours of CNN a day is not helpful, and don’t get me started on Fox News! The media is trying to influence you to conform to their way of thinking. They want you to be afraid and to feel powerless. It makes you much easier to manipulate.
2. Have a daily practice to connect with your heart and center yourself on a daily basis. Mediation is good, a quiet walk without the headphones blaring, some plain old quiet time to sit for a minute and relax. Do whatever you need to be quiet ad slow down so you can actually here yourself think, and connect to what your heart is asking for.
3. Look for things that are Kick-Ass. Spend time everyday appreciating your life. Notice the beautiful flowers, feel the warm sun on your skin and bask in the juicy good feeling of these things. The Daily Kick-Ass List is something that I created to help my clients with this. I have included it in the Leah recommends section below.
4. Focus your attention on what you DO want to happen. Don’t get caught up in the drama of bitching, moaning, and complaining about how sucky things are. The more you talk about the things that aren’t working for you the more energy that you are giving to them. If you only do one thing from this list-Do this– Learn to focus your attention from what you don’t like to what you do want. Your focus and attention is something that you can actually control. Shift your attention to what you want to see happen and look for solutions to the problems rather than just getting pissed off, worried, or talking about how stupid the Senate is being to everyone you know on FB.
5. Look for evidence of your abundance! I know right now people are worried about $$$$. Make a habit of looking for evidence of your abundance. Things like- “Hey-I found a penny!”, “My friend fed me a wonderful meal!” and “In this moment I have everything I need” go a long way to boosting your ability to attract more abundance into your life. I like to meditate on these thoughts- “ The Universe prospers me” and “ The Universe provides me with everything that I need, life is good.”
6. Focus on the things that make your life meaningful, and that you are interested in and do more of them!!!! Do I need to say anymore about this?
7. Talk about your dreams and how you want to feel in your life. The more time you spend basking in this juicy energythe bigger it will become, and the stronger the signal is that you will be sending out into the Universe. Imagine how powerful it would be if everyone in the world did this? WoowZza!!!
Pick a few of these tips out and give them a whirl, then take a minute to let me know how they are working for you.
As always, I love to hear what is going on in that head of yours, so share your thoughts in the comments below.