How do you get to know your Inner-Freak?
One way is to invite it out to play!
It’s sad and lonely when you lock it away.
That is exactly what so many of you have been doing for far too long! Now is the perfect time to make friends with your Inner-Freak and allow it to teach you all it knows about what will make your life Kick-Ass.
Here are some simple ways to make friends with your Inner-Freak;
- Give yourself permission to be different and go your own way. Your Inner-Freak knows exactly what is unique and special about you, but because you have ignored it for so long, it needs your permission to come out and show you the way.
- Break out of the daily grind and boring routines buy doing one thing different everyday. Your Inner-Freak hates your mindless routine! It’s so boring! Shake things up a bit everyday, even if it’s something as small as driving to work a different way or switching up the order that wash in the shower. Keep yourself engaged and interested.
- Create quiet space to connect with your Inner-Freak. Your Inner-Freak has a wealth of information to share, but it is vitally important that you create some space to listen to it. Sit quietly everyday, go for a walk without the i-pod, journal, make art, or whatever feels good to you.
- Expand your horizons. Go to Burning Man, check out a cool new Meetup Group and meet some new people, do some research on the web about the place you always wanted to go, or explore a new part of the city. See what catches your eye. This is your Inner-Freak showing you the way.
- Give Yourself Permission to explore everything that is appealing to you – especially if you told yourself you can’t or shouldn’t do it. Let’s be clear, I’m not talking about going out and drinking a whole bottle of tequila. I do encourage you to give yourself permission to explore your dream of being a Dula or giving up your business in order to take that teaching job that sounds really appealing. If something is appealing to you explore it and try it on for size. The fact that it is appealing is your Inner-Freak telling you that there is something there for you.
Try a few of these things out and see what happens!
If you want to learn more about letting your Inner-Freak out to play, tune into My Kick-Ass Dream Life Radio today at 3 PM EST, and get in on the conversation.
If you can’t make the live show you can listen to the recording here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/my-kick-ass-dream-life-/2010/11/03/invite-your-inner-freak-out-to-play